Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 2

by Shakar, published on February 27, 2003

Gabriel revved up the Harley and went to the Couiza station. Grace finally boarded her train to Paris. She looked back one more time and then the train went its way to Paris. He reached the train station. He went in so fast that he shocked the conductor there.

Conductor: Ah! Monsieur!

Gabriel: (out of breath) I'm so sorry. Can I check where this train is going please?

Conductor: I'm sorry Monsieur but you don’t have a ticket.

Gabriel: Please, it’s an emergency!

Conductor: No, I Can't let you go.

Gabriel: Ok…I understand.

It looked as if Gabriel lost hope. But he looked at the conductor to see if she was looking in his direction. He cunningly went through the departures. He quickly went in the train to see if she was there. He saw someone who resembled her. He quickly went to her…but it was someone else. ‘Damn!’ He got off the train. Now he realized that she’s gone and he Can't bring her back. ‘Where could she have gone? New York? Yale? Ah, what’s the use? Even if I find her like she’s going to come back.’ He went back to the hotel at about 1 am. Mosely was still waiting for him.

Mosely: Hey Gabe! What the hell was that? Where’s Grace?

Gabriel: Well…she’s gone.

Mosely: What? You idiot! I should kill you for hurting her feelings. Did you have to do that?

Gabriel: I have to live with this man! Come on I feel bad enough already. It was your idea to act like nothing happened. (Mosely’s irate attitude became as mellow as the sea. He did say that.)

Mosely: Why did you listen to me? You never do. What made you listen this time?

Gabriel: I couldn't face her. There was nothing else I could do at the time.

Mosely: So what are you going to do now?

Gabriel: Go on I suppose. (The thought of it scared him. As much as he hates to admit it, he’s accustomed to Grace’s sarcastic tidbits, arguments, smile, whistling, and well…her face.) I Can't do anything else.

Mosely: Well I just hope she’s ok.

Gabriel: Likewise, Mose. Likewise.

It was getting late so Mosely and Gabriel said their goodbyes and went to sleep in their rooms. Gabriel felt weird sleeping on the bed instead of the couch. He just had a flashback of waking up that morning in that bed and Grace… ‘Oh God!’ He didn't sleep much. He kept on tossing and turning. He dreamt of Grace: The first time they met when he interviewed her to be his assistant for St. George’s Rare Books and then it was history. The battles between him with her sarcasm made their relationship. Then when she saved his butt with the werewolf case. He appreciated her for that even if he didn't express it. He finally slept.

Meanwhile…

Grace reached Rittersberg. She went in quietly because it was really late. ‘I have to be really sneaky. I don’t want to wake up Gerde.’ She got all her necessities. She was about to open the door when-

Gerde: (all drowsy) Grace? (She had a flashlight with her)

Grace: (startled by the light) Ah God! You scared me.

Gerde: Why are you here? (She noticed the luggage) Where you going Grace? Is Gabriel alright? Don’t tell me he’s in trouble again!

Grace: No Gerde, it’s just that…(she started to get emotional, a few tears ran down her cheeks) I'm sorry Gerde!

Gerde: For what?

Grace: I'm leaving Rittersberg.

Gerde: Why? This is your home.

Grace: (trying to hold in the tears) Not anymore!

Gerde: Please Grace don’t go. Whatever happened can be fixed. I'm sure of it.

Grace: No it won’t! It Can't be fixed! I'm sorry Gerde but I have no other choice and you Can't stop me!

Gerde: Unfortunately no one can. (They both laugh and embrace.)

Grace: Thank you for everything Gerde. You’re the best friend I never had.

Gerde: How about Gabriel?

Grace: Don’t get me started! I'll miss you so much. (Their embrace is broken.)

Gerde: We will too.

Grace: (knowing what she means) I highly doubt it.

Gerde: Does Gabriel know?

Grace: I think so. I left him a note. Goodbye Gerde.

She goes toward the door when Gerde-

Gerde: Wait Grace! Where you going?

Grace: Somewhere where I'm treated the way I should be treated and that’s not here.

Gerde had a confused look on her face. Grace closed the door to the house she had for the past five years. She looked at it one last time and left Rittersberg.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »