Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 3

by Shakar, published on March 2, 2003

It became morning in Rennes-le-Château. The sun broke Gabriel’s peace. So he checked out of the hotel and went to Rittersberg and to face the inevitable: life without Grace. He opened the door to Schloss Ritter and Gerde came downstairs.

Gerde: Gabriel you finally came. How are you?

Gabriel: Grace is…

Gerde: I know.

Gabriel: (filled with hope) You do? Did she come here? Did she say where she went?

Gerde: She was here, yes. But she didn't tell me where she went.

Gabriel: Damn!

Gerde: Herr Knight? What happened in Rennes-le-château.?

Gabriel: Something that changed everything. I don’t blame Gracie for leaving. I really was a jerk.

Gerde: Would you like to tell me what is this thing that you did? (Gabriel gave her a look. As though she read his mind, she knew what he did.)

Gerde: (shocked) Oh no. No no no no. (Sighs) No wonder she was crying.

Gabriel: She was crying? Oh good job Gabe! Son of a-

Gerde: You care for her a lot. I think more than you know. (Gabriel was quiet. He storms up the stairs and goes to his room.)

Meanwhile… Grace finally reached Tibet and finally met her mentor, Chadrel Gyasto. She went to the quad area to look for him. He spotted her from afar.

Chadrel: Grace! How nice to finally to meet you?

Grace: It’s such an honor to finally meet you, Mr. Gyasto.

Chadrel: You can call me Chadrel

Grace: I will like to stay at one of the cabins. There’s so much I want to share and learn from you. Please enlighten me.

Chadrel: Where’s your Schattenjäger?

Grace: Unfortunately, We've gone our separate ways.

Chadrel: Really? I find that unlikely.

Grace: Why would you say that?

Chadrel: Because he’s in your heart as much as you are in his. You may be separated but still together spiritually.

Grace: That’s what Mrs. Smith said. But really I'm trying. I want to do something myself.

Chadrel: I will like to help you in any way I can. Come this way, I'll show you to your room. (They reached in front of her room. Room #282.)

Grace: Thank you for letting me stay here.

Chadrel: Anytime. Tomorrow we start your training.

Grace: Great! I'll see you tomorrow then.

Grace entered her room. She left so excited to be there, but still so down. ‘Why Can't I get him out of my head? He’s so repulsive! Remember this is Gabriel Knight. He wouldn't know the difference between a friend and a prostitute! Why did he have to sleep with me? aren't I someone that means more than his one-night stands? I bet he’s warm and comfy with another girl right now. Grace snap out of it! You’re here to get away from that!’ She took a shower to loosen her nerves. Then she set up her laptop and started working on her new beginning.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »