Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 4

by Shakar, published on March 5, 2003

4 November 1999 It’s been about four months since Grace left. The first few weeks after Grace’s departure, Gabriel tried to find where she was. He looked in New Orleans, New York, Yale, and even called Grace’s parents! But there was no progress. He just gave up. He was like a zombie! Grace, however, had a lot of progress. She did contact as she promised. Gerde was the one who replied to her messages. Even though everybody was nice over there, she wanted to talk to someone she knows, so Grace im-ed Gerde.

Gerde: Grace?

Gabriel: Yeah it’s me.

Gabriel: I have to tell Gabriel We've been talking.

Grace: No don’t!

Gerde: Grace it’s not right!

Grace: Like what he did was right! Ok…what was I going to say? How’s everything?

Gerde: Everything is going bad here. It’s even worse than before. We've missed you so much.

Grace: I doubt Gabriel does.

Gerde: But he does.

Grace: Yeah right. I bet he’s with some German girl every night that doesn't even speak English!

Gerde: Grace, he hasn't even gone out of the castle.

Grace: (surprised) Really?

Gerde: Yes. (Felt to change the subject) So how’s everything w/ u?

Grace: Everything’s great! I've passed all the training. Chadrel says I'm definitely Schattenjäger shabby. (She just noticed what she wrote had a double meaning) I mean Schattenjäger material*. Look I'll be late for lunch, so all my love. Goodbye :)

Gerde: Goodbye :)

Grace signed off. Grace was surprised that Gabriel had not even gone out of the castle. She sunk in all the memories of the past. She kept on picturing him leaning in and kissing her. She turned into mush…it felt like a dream. Until she woke up and saw reality and it wasn't pretty. Tears started to come again. Chadrel opened the door to her room and saw her predicament.

Chadrel: Grace, are you alright?

Grace: (she wiped her tears) I'm ok.

Chadrel: Grace, you are a very smart, strong woman. You are willing to learn. But how can you continue your path when you haven’t resolved your last one?

Grace: I…

Chadrel: Grace! If you have a chance to resolve it in your body and mind, you can finally continue to your destiny. (Grace realized that he’s right. All she’s done is run away and didn't solve anything.)

Grace: You’re right. I'll leave after tomorrow’s initiation. Thank you for showing me the way.

Chadrel: It was nothing. Next time you come, come for the heck of it, not to hide.

Grace: I will thanks.

He leaves. She starts organizing her things. ‘Once I end this thing with Gabriel, I can finally let go. I hope he can handle it…wait…I hope I can handle it!’

Meanwhile… Gabriel was in his room. He hadn't shaved for weeks. His hair started to look like the mop he had back in New Orleans. He noticed and remembered Gracie making a sarcastic remark: Nobody would go out with you with that mop that you call hair Knight! God he loved her for that. He started daydreaming about his past affairs: Lolita, Bunny, Malia, Detta, and maybe Madeline. And then Grace. ‘She’s something alright. Why did I do it? Why?’ He finally realized the answer to that question. He knew why this whole time but he was afraid of it. But not anymore. He just simply Can't live without her. He can actually trust his life in her hands. He’s never felt that way for a woman except for his Gran. He woke up and he went straight to the bathroom. It took him a while to shave his face and fix his hair. He can only touch his hair do and nobody else. He went downstairs in a rush. Gerde was shocked to see him.

Gerde: Gabriel? Are you alright?

Gabriel: Better than ever. I'm going after Grace!

Gerde: But you don’t know where she is.

Gabriel: Well it's better late than never. Do we have anything that can help us track Grace’s whereabouts?

Gerde: Hmm… her e-mail address! We can track her down through the Internet!

Gabriel: Gerde that is brilliant!

Gerde: But we don’t have the proper equipment.

Gabriel:(thinking...then he had a grin on his face) I know someone who does. (He’s about to leave, when Gerde-)

Gerde: Gabriel? What made you want to find Grace?

Gabriel: I woke up Gerde. I woke up from my comatose stage. I'm not afraid anymore.

Gerde: Gut.

Gabriel: Well, I'll go and make that phone call.

Gerde: And I'll make lunch. You must be starving!

Gabriel: Well…I can stand a nibble or two. Thanks Gerde.

Gerde: Bitte.

After this, things were starting to turn around for Gabriel. The thought of seeing Grace again filled his heart with joy....and anxiety. The only problem is... talking to her. 'Knowing her, she'll bite my head off before I explain everything.' That time will come very soon!

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »