Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 5

by Shakar, published on March 10, 2003

After lunch, Gabriel goes upstairs to make that important phone call. Gabriel never thought of being happy to hear that voice.

Mosely: CIA Agent Franklin Mosely at your service. How can I help you?

Gabriel: Mostly my man! What’s up?

Mosely: Gabe! How am I? How are you?

Gabriel: Better. I need to ask you a favor.

Mosely: Oh yeah, you sound back to normal alright. What do you want Knight?

Gabriel: I need you to track an e-mail address.

Mosely: Is this another Schattenjäger case?

Gabriel: No, it involves Grace. I'm trying to find her.

Mosely: Oh! Of course buddy I'll do whatever I can. What’s her handle?

Gabriel: It’s GNakimura@euroserve.com

Mosely: Got it! I'll probably get something tomorrow.

Gabriel: Thanks buddy.

Mosely: No problem man. See ya.

Gabriel: Yeah, see ya.

He hung up. The day past by really slow for Gabriel since he was so anxious to get Mosely’s call, something he’d never thought he would do. It became night so Gabriel went to sleep. He kept tossing and turning because he had a dream. It wasn't like his normal dreams. It showed Schloss Ritter and it zoomed through the vast plains to Tibet, to the monastery, to Grace’s room. She was sleeping. He woke up. ‘What the hell was that? Is she in Tibet? I better wait for Mosely’s call to confirm what I just saw.’ That was weird. It felt like he slept for a few minutes but it’s already morning.

5 November 1999 He took his morning jolt of coffee. Gerde was still asleep so he helped himself with breakfast. From far way he saw a red light blinking from the answering machine. He quickly went to it and listened. It was Mosely: “Hey buddy. I found where Grace was. She’s in Tibet at a monastery. Probably with that monk you mentioned. Hope that helps. Good luck buddy!” Once he heard that message he stormed up the stairs and packed up so fast he was like Superman!

Gabriel reached Tibet and went to the monastery. His heart started beating really fast. It felt as if he couldn't breathe. He was walking toward the main building, and then he paused as though someone but cement on his feet! There she was from a distance. His Gracie. She was smiling and laughing with some guy. Gabriel was green with jealousy, but he was happy to see her smile. She probably needed some laughter after what he did to her. His cement feet disappeared and he was going toward her until he bumped into Chadrel.

Gabriel: Oh excuse me.

Chadrel.: Oh it’s alright…Gabriel Knight! I mean noble Schattenjäger I'm so honored to meet you. (He bows before him)

Gabriel: Whoa, you don’t need to do that. I'm not royalty or anything.

Chadrel.: Whatever you say Mr. Knight.

Gabriel: Call me Gabriel.

Chadrel.: Gabriel yes. Are you here to see Grace?

Gabriel: Yes. How did you know?

Chadrel.: Call me psychic. Would you like to stay in one of our cabins?

Gabriel: That would be great thanks.

Chadrel.: You’re welcome. (Before following Chadrel., Gabriel looked at Grace one more time.) ‘It’s probably better if I talk to her later.’ (Grace was still laughing.)

Grace: Oh, Eric that was funny. I needed a good laugh!

Eric: Oh Grace, all of us will miss you. Congrats on your initiation. I had no doubt about you passing, since you worked for the Schattenjäger

Grace: Yeah.

Eric: So what are you going to do now?

Grace: Well, I was thinking of going back to school in Yale, to get my doctorate.

Eric: That’s cool. Why don’t you work for him again? You said you were happy.

Grace: Yeah, I was. (pauses) But the key word is was. We've gone our separate ways. But I have to go back and straighten out some things. After that, I'm on my own.

Eric: I'm curious though. What is he like?

Grace: What’s he like? He’s…well he’s something alright. He’s very driven, intuitive. He’s smart, and he always knew how to make me laugh.

Eric: He sounds like a good friend.

Grace: (barely audible) Yeah.

Eric: Look I got to go. Good luck with everything. Bye!

Grace: Bye.

There she was alone, now thinking of Gabriel. She looked up and saw the sunset. With the beautiful scenery, she drowned into her thoughts. 'It's gonna be hard, but I have to face him.' All of a sudden a breeze came that felt weird; it's as if there was a presence that seemed familiar to Grace. 'Whoa, that was weird...it was as though...no! He couldn't possibly be here! It must be my imagination.' Yeah... we'll see!

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »