Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

End times: a Gabriel Knight mystery

Chapter 1

by AGM, published on April 22, 2001

Rittersberg, Germany.

“Gabriel, you must allow me to wrap your hand!”

Gerde had been screaming and begging Gabriel to let him do something about his hand for a while. She had left him alone last night after he had finally stopped screaming and had sworn he would wrap his hand up himself.

He answered without looking back at her. “Not now Gerde…Did you order that plane ticket for Gran and call her and tell her she's coming here?”

“Yes I did, but she was still not very clear on why she was to come…”

“I told you, she's in danger!”

Gerde now at her wits end yelled back at him. “Yes, you have. Many times this morning and last night as you screamed like a raving lunatic and woke much of Rittersberg below! And you have also had me trying to contact Grace. But what is the danger? You will tell me!”

“They're going to be murdered! Are you happy now Gerde?” He yelled at her, then turning her back to her once more and looking through his papers and books again.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.

“Did you have a dream Herr Knight?” She now asked quietly.

He sighed. “Yes, a horrible one. One where Grace and Gran were murdered. And maybe even a third person, but I don't know who that was. I'm just trying to find something that may jog my memory and give me a clue to who or what this is concerning.”

“Have you tried using Sidney yet? Or would you like me to try?”

He shook his head violently. “It's no use to use it. I don't have a clue what or who this is about. Even the face of their killer seems to have faded from my mind. I just can't seem to remember.”

Gerde sighed, slightly relieved to at least know there was a reason for Gabriel's behavior. But her relief soon turned to tension as she realized what was needed to be done.

“Herr Knight, whether you have realized it or not, you have just received a new case. And your current look, behavior, or attitude is unfitting to the successful Schattenjäger. I am commanding you to clean yourself up, wrap your hand up and go eat this instant and prepare for your Grandmother's arrival. But is their anything you can remember at all from your dream, Gabriel?”

“Hmm. The only thing is that that they were on an altar. An altar with a space for three bodies. I just wish I knew who the damn third person was.”

“I will look for information on ceremonial altars while you clean up. Now go.”

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »