Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

End times: a Gabriel Knight mystery

Chapter 3

by AGM, published on April 22, 2001

Gabriel had been waiting on the phone for twenty minutes, when finally he heard a familiar voice say, “Knight? What do you want ya jerk?”

Mosely had finally come to the phone. It was more then a collective pain in the butt to get in touch with him nowadays ever since he had been recruited into the CIA, after his exemplary recovery of some of the Rennes-le-Château treasure during Gabriel's last case.

In fact, he had been on a decent rise through the CIA, as he seemed to be fairly successful in many of the cases he had been going on, and was beginning to build quite the rep for himself.

Hell, Mosely had even lost weight, Gabriel realized thinking back to the last time he had seen him.

“Mosely, I need a favor. It's about…” Gabriel started.

“Ahh Knight, don't tell me its about when them Schattenjäger whosits. I mean, I have to admit, I did see some crazy things on the last one with you, like that giant monster and those vampires, but shee-it! Come on night, I'm busy here fighting terrorists.”

“Mosely, if you'd shut your donut loving mouth for one second I'd be able to explain the whole situation to you. Now, like I was saying, this may be a Schattenjäger case, but it most definitely involves Grace. I think she may be in danger, cause you see I had this dream…”

“A friggin dream Knight?” Mosely replied incredulously. “Man, I think writing those horror novels are really…”

“Mostly, shut up. Every time I've had some dream over the years that I have thought may remotely tie to a Schattenjäger case, it has. Now in this one, Grace and Gran, along with a third unknown person, which may be you come to think of it, in your new thinly built physique that I never thought I'd live to see, are sacrificed. I think this may be a cult thing, more then a demon, boogieman kinda thing. But I need your help.”

Mosely sighed. “You know you really have some frickin sick dreams, right? But what do you need?”

Relieved Gabriel pressed on. “Well, remember those e-mails Grace sent you a few months ago?”

“Yeah what about them? I think I still even have a few.”

“Good. What I want to know is, do you think you and your CIA buddies could possibly track where she is in the world and find out where the e-mail came from. I've long since… “Deleted” my copies and don't remember where she said the place was. We need to get her out of there, she may be in danger.”

The one thing Gabriel wasn't going to let Mosely know, was that his version of deleting came when he had seen that first e-mail from Grace on his computer and immediately flung his computer and all it's attachments out of the highest window in all of Schloss Ritter.

Gabriel considered it one of his lower moments, but then again not as low as when he had to impersonate Mosely to see Malia Gedde. And now even the new, slim, CIA Mosely with Kung-Fu grip, but the donut eating, looking at my yellow trench coat Mosely He chuckled and half shuddered at the thought.

Mosely sighed again. “Yeah, I can do that Knight. But you better remember this favor, I may be getting a bigger salary but the next time you invite me out to Rittersberg, your paying, got me?”

“Whatever you say Mostly, whatever you say. Thanks, and talk later, got stuff to do.”

“Hey Gabriel,” He heard before he hung up.

“Yeah Mostly?”

“Glad to hear you almost sound back to your old self. Shame it took a friggin nightmare of deaths to bring you back, ya jerk!”

Gabriel laughed. “True enough. But talk later. Bye.”

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »