Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode one

by Overmind - published on June 14, 2000

Warning: This is a fanfic written on the go; If it sucks, please tell me so; Insulted I won't be; I swear, you'll see; Just for fun I do this; For poetry I do miss; It shall be incomplete; And feel free to make it fit; Cause, and I repeat; This I do for the hell of it.

At long last, she had reached it. She now laid in the land where mountains reigns as kings without subjects nor mercy. The huge trees whipping her face, seemingly wishing, greedily doiing, a bloodshed on their leave. But she, the young lady, shall persevere and reach the village upon the cliffs that awaits her arrival. On and on she climbed, on and on up she went; closer and closer to the village she got.

Grace was her name yet stubborn might have also fitted her like a glove. She was of asian blood, and of american spirit. Clever and brilliant she had o'er the past few years faced many a danger with her friend, Gabriel Knight.

Together, they had confronted a voodoo cult and even a century old werewolf, last but not least they and also defeated vampires. Schattenjäger the man was, a shadow hunter. And her, merely her assistant. She had fought hard to win this post, winch she had now abandoned. The man cared not for her, it would seem, and heart-broken she fled away to meet another destiny. Perhaps, become Schattenjäger herself, in her own way. About a month ago she had reached a man that would teach her much, but now the time for trial had come.

«People die, my child. And ye shall shall make it stop» Said he, to her. «Must I? I have so much more to learn here!» Answered Gracy. «I fear that it is so. Trice before evil you chased, do so once more and win my faith in you. I shall teach you, without fear nor resistance.» He explained. «I do not understand, master. Have I not yet proven my capacities?» She implored. «No, my child. You have proven your dependance. Trice before evil laid at your feet defeated, yet... was it not Mr. Gabe doiings? You must now undertake one more case, alone.» Said he, imploying silence, as is words were not to be contested. «As you wish.» She said, although she was deeply wounded by those words «Guide me to my destination, and I'll see what I can do». «Read you not the papers?» He said, smiling. She had expected an answer much more mysterious than that, he knew, and thus he rejoiced at her puzzled face. «Yes, I do.» She hesitated «You mean the milk face? The guy who died of fear?» «Yes my dear. And he shall not be the last». «Alright. I'm leaving tomorrow.» «Yes, hasty one. Speed is of great importance now.»

And now, she was climbing, Amongst the trees so cruel. Gracy though about the case at hand, and the others before. Will she have the strength to do this, alone.

«Ah! Miss Nakimura! At last!» Exclaimed a man on top, who had clearly been waiting for awhile. «You know, most people use the Chopper, or whatever means they find other than foot» «Yes, that I know. I needed the exercise. I needed some time to think.» She explained.

The man looked at her as though she was an alien... although a darn pretty one. After a moment of consideration, he declared:

«Well, I am very sad about it, but I do not have enough time to show you around now. I didn't expect you’d take the «Long Road» and now I have an appointment in less that five minutes. I'm already sure to be late.» «That’s alright... Igor, yes?» He replied by a quick nod «Just, tell me the way to my room, I'll take a little nap and then I'll start working. Gosh! I'm exhausted !»

She gently removed dirt from her clothes. Earth remained on her knees no matter how much she tried to removed. Halfway to embarrassment, she abandoned and smiled to the man.

«Yes, of course you are. I don’t remember who the last person to do what you just did was.» He said, before pointing to a house over a hill «There, that is my house, you will find the keys under the flower pot. Your room is on the first floor, it’s the last door in the corridor to the left of the kitchen. You'll find that the bathroom is conveniently placed rather near. In case you’d wish for a shower»

He clapped his hands that once stood on his lap, in a «gotta go» gesture. With a final salute et ran towards his car while Grace followed him with her ayes.

«Oh ! I Almost forgot.» He yelled from afar «You asked for a library, You'll find one two streets to the right of my house, it’s rather far down the street though. And it’s near a ravine, so be carefully on your way. The man there is called Dominic, he’s French, but he speaks English quite well. I'm sure he’ll be of great assistance to you.»

«Thank you!» She screamed to him, waving her hand.

«I'll be back in two hours, I'll show you around then.» He concluded, and got at last into his car.

He took the road on the opposite side of Grace. She Finally made a step forward, the house almost beckoned. A nice shower, and a bit of sleep. That’s all she needed to be happy right about now.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

next »