Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode nine

by Overmind - published on August 11, 2000

How long had it been since she had faltered? She didn't have a clue. Not a single one. To her, seconds ago she was looking at a large black man, and now she was back in bed. She knew she had fallen, and she believed Dr. John had saved her from harm... Dr. John... no... Dr. Sebastian... right, Sebastian. But he looked so much like that giant which almost killed her... but this one SAVED her.

Her puzzlement ended when a movement caught her eye. She was not alone. Her heart started to pound so hard she almost though there was a demon inside her trying to get out from her chest. She only hoped it wasn't Sebastian. Give her Vampires, Werewolves, but right now she didn't want Sebastian. In a very fast gesture she got into a sitting position face towards the potential enemy and ready to hit... It was Dominic.

«Hey! Hey! Calm down, calm down! It's only me!» Said he, in a nearly supplicating tone. He really seemed worried. Alright, he was down right scared.

«Dominic!» She yelled uncontrollably so happy she was to see him. Right now, he was the closest thing to comfort in this whole country. She got out of bed and hugged him, she needed human warmth, she needed to feel like someone was taking care of everything.

«Gracy. It's alright. I'm, there now. I'll take care of you.» He said calmly. He wasn't that relaxed himself, but he wanted her to think he was. Did he call he Gracy? Were they already on the nickname basis?

Yes, last night then almost forgot they had last names. They started with «Ms. Nakimura» and ended with «Hey! Gracy». Igor hadn't returned home, and they hadn't see the time pas by. After seeing the scene of death, Dominic needed to go away, to change his mind. They would talk about that matter later, the man was close to a nervous breakdown, it wasn't time to ask questions.

So they got out. There was a little cafe not that far from here. The walk was nice. A little breeze blew, from the north, or was it east? She didn't remember, and frankly didn't care. Dominic remained silent for quite a few paces, and then he gently put his arm around her shoulders, his long coat granting her protection from the cold, evil like, wind. The gesture might have seemed a bit straight forward, but she let him do it anyway, his touch felt good, the wind did not. She thanked him, and the flow of words began once more. The rest of the road passed seamlessly before them without their notice. Dominic had suddenly stopped, startled that he was that they had already reached the cafe.

The ambiance was nice, a fireplace brought some much enjoyed heat to them, and also gave a little touch of romance. Not that she'd care for that, would she? They spoke most of the evening as if it had no end. Or didn't care about it's end. Didn't wish it to end, may be? Dominic knew a few individuals, not many but those he did exposed the utmost respect for him. She could smell his Cappuccino, the chocolate in it was greatly appealing while her Expresso was, although good, quite strong and somewhat aggressive.

They walked back toward the hill where stood the mansion, once the shop closed and forced them to leave. They said goodbye as the door opened. Dominic didn't ask to come in, and Gracy didn't offer it. She knew he would get back in there for all the gold in the world. His brother had died here. Before he went away, he yelled he pass by tomorrow. In the afternoon, to see if she'd have come up with updates.

She hadn't, and there she was in his arms, broken in fear and so emotionally unstable. To her, Dr.John was the face of death.

After a while, when she finally got a hold of herself, the Japanese girl let go, and sat on the bed again.

«Gracy, what happened?» The good Librarian asked.

«I was attacked» She answered bluntly. Seeing how worried he was, she added «by bad memories».

«Dr. Sebastian told me you just collapsed after calling him Dr. John». He told her, without formulating a question, although begging for answers.

«It's along story, Domy. Perhaps I'll tell you one day. Where is.. he?» Dominic was about to ask something, then seemed to judge wiser to change his original course of action, and instead simply answered the question.

«He's in the kitchen, he's preparing diner, for the three of us while I watch over you.» Somehow, she instinctively feared what would be on her plate. A dead snake with blood all over the table? Then, with further inspection she'd find a loa's symbol made with the blood. Grigris in the room and a whole choir of angels of death chanting gently, yet eerily «Cabrit sans cor».

A voice came from behind the door «It's ready Mr. Dominic. You can wake her up, she must eat something.» It was Sebastian. «I'm... I'm already awake Dr.» She answered in Dominic's place. «Glad to hear you feel better Ms. Nakimura. Hope you're hungry.» His footsteps went back to the kitchen.

«I don't know about you, but I know i'm quite hungry. I'll let you get dressed, i'll be right outside.» As he was about to open the door, Gracy called out. «Thank you Dominic. I'm glad you're here.» He nodded, he understood.

Dinner was ready, it actually smelled good even all the way here in the bed room, now that Dominic had opened the door... but where the hell was Igor?

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »