Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode ten

by HerrBearen - published on August 11, 2000

Chapter Three

Grace looked at herself in the mirror of the bathroom. Oval in shape, gold flake trim on an intricate design. But, Grace wasn't looking at the designs or the pattern they made. No... she was looking at the new stretchmarks on her neck and around her eyes. The capillaries from the skin had burst from the strain of her facial muscles. Also, she stared at this huge handprint on the right cheek.

"I really don't think he had to hit me THAT hard." Grace thought to herself. And to think that she never wore makeup... she chuckled to herself in ironic displeasure of the raw skin. No powder or base to cover the redness or bruised skin. In fact, she thought she was looking like she'd been in a fist fight with Godzilla. As she inspected her face, she heard a drip of water... then another... then another, as they started to get closer together in between drips. She slowly looked towards the bathtub in the far corner of this large and elaborate washroom. Nothing unusual about the tub, except it's antiquity. It was one of those tubs from the turn of the Century, with four legs on the floor to prop it up. Extra large size for more water and space to stretch out in.

"I'll have to try this bath out later tonight, it looks quite soothing for my aching muscles." Grace smiled to herself as she walked over to the tub to turn off the water. But, something was wrong. There were no spigots for to turn on the water. No faucet either. Yet the tub had water a few inches deep in it... also the water wasn't still, it had been disturbed enough to take a few minutes to calm. Nothing there to allow any water into this tub. Grace thought about the figure on the shower as well.

"What is going on here?" she thought... while slowly backing towards the main door. She turned and walked the rest of the way to the door and pushed down the antique European handle.

"Huh? HEY! Who locked the door? Where's the key? Helloo-ooo? Anybody out there? Come on, this isn't funny... unlock the door..." as she knocked on the door... though her hands hurt from the strain of earlier. She pounded the door a couple more times... pushed down the handle... LOCKED!

"Well, then... time for some shoulder power!" as grace backed up just a little to slam her shoulder into the door. Maybe it's just stuck she thought. "Alright, this is going to hurt, but I've got to get out of here." She lunged at the door with her right shoulder... but there was no impact. Instead the door had opened and she lunged right into Dr. Sebastian's chest instead.

"SWILA! Where do you think you are going in such a hurry?" Dr. Sebastian smirked as this petit Oriental barely even moved him from the spot he was standing on. He grabbed her shoulder to prevent her from falling again, though she merely bounced off of him.

"WHA....???

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »