Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode fifteen

by HerrBearen - published on August 18, 2000

Grace slowly collected her wits and climbed down from the table. She felt embarrassed to have been taken in by such a sight, almost to her demise. As she looked at the Doctor and Dominic she wondered what they were thinking of her. Would she be able to handle such a responsibility? Or would it be her downfall? She felt her cheeks blush intensely red and stammered for the right words to say.

"Uhhh... s-sorry guys... I think I was getting carried away there.", she said straightening her slacks and blouse.

Dominic and Sebastian looked at each other... blinked... and broke out in laughter. This didn't help Grace's feelings any, as she now felt like crying.

"Please... Ms. Grace... haahhaahooo.... we mean no harm... it's the... hmmmpppptt... look on your face..." Sebastian tried to explain. But, Grace wanted to storm off in a huff. "Please do not go, we... we'll control ourselves." as the Doctor quickly regained his composure. "We must work on this together... Dominic, get ahold of yourself.... mmmppppttttAAASAhhhhahaahaahha...." and the Doctor was at it again.

Grace sat down in a chair that was still standing, and was about to cry... when she saw something in the wall mural... "Uhhh... guys? Look at this!", as Grace got up and walked towards the wall. "This Satyr is wearing a ring of some kind... it looks like a college ring! Who would paint a mural of fantasy and add new jewelry?" Grace was getting even more puzzled just looking at this painting.

"What? Where's this ring?" Dominic had stopped laughing and was quickly walking towards the mural. The Doctor also started to move towards the mural, but, he was being more cautious than the other two.

"That RING! That RING is the one my brother wore! From Dartmouth! He was the only one to ask for a Lion on the side of his ring when he ordered it!" Dominic was almost ready to collapse from the sight of his brother's property. All three were now looking closely at the mural... noticing that all of the creatures had something of new jewelry.

"When the bowl was thrown, did you not see it go into this painting?" Sebastian spoke out, knowing that he saw it disappear and reappear in the painting. "Can we find it now?"

The three now looked even more closely for the missing bowl, as Grace shrugged her shoulders and motioned for the other two to come and look. "Uhhhhh... guys? I think you might want to see this... look at the rabbit with antlers... what's he holding?....." Grace's face was now becoming white with fright.

"Oh MY! She's right! The horned rabbit has the bowl!" Dominic practically yelled. For there in the mural stood the rabbit with the multicolored bowl of raisins... with a weird grimace on it's face.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »