Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode eighteen

by Theresa Wilson - published on October 27, 2000

Sebastian frowned. "Miss Nakimura, could you please tell me why you wanted inside Igor's room? I knew it was important and you seemed to understand maybe he knew something about the odd manifestations we've seen."

"Easy. You don't have things happen without noticing them if you live here. I remember the showerhead in my room moved and I know I didn't do it. And, all this weird art on the walls and furniture. Mythical creatures from all over the world are mixed up together here. It doesn't make sense. Unless, there was a special purpose."

"I see what you mean." Sebastian nodded.

Grace brought over the tea and poured some for him. Then, she grabbed an orange and ate it with her tea. "That painting must be the key. And, Igor's research and the books. I think he has a love for fanciful stories and art. But, I wonder if he really sees what's going on here?"

Grace sipped the last bit of her tea. "It's a raving mad home for monsters."

"Excuse me?" Se bastion grinned at his new student.

"I'm sure the picture and everything are actually fey folk and monsters living inside the objects. Take the bed in my room for example. My mother told me stories of fairy maidens that lived inside wood and water. Why can't they stay in there when it's been turned into a bed?"

"So, you're saying that we have a home full of magical men and women. Not to mention monsters." Se bastion nodded.

"That's not all. It can't be." Grace said. "That's far too simple an explanation."

"Off to the library then."

"Yes. And, Sebastian?"

"What?"

"I think the way the arrangement of the painting and the fanciful artifacts in the house may have something to do with all those horrible..."

Sebastian smiled. "You are right, Grace. You follow your instincts well. Not to mention your limited knowledge on these creatures. I'm sure we will find what we need in the library. But, I can think of one more thing."

"Perhaps we should call Igor and ask him about the house and the painting." Grace said.

They nodded in agreement and had one more cup of tea.

"By the way, is Dominic okay?" Grace asked.

"I don't know. But, I'm sure he is well."

Dominic came falling down from the ceiling and landed on a cushioned sofa.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »