Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

GK4: Reflections and Shadows

Part 1

by Theresa Wilson, published on December 31, 2000

On her day off from work, Grace grabbed a blue skirt and a gray tank top to wear on this December morning. It was more like Spring outside than the Winter wonderland that Pennsylvania usually was this time of year. She grabbed a clip for her hair and jumped out the door with her car keys and purse.

Grace jumped into her light purple car and drove over the speed limit to the outer woods of Huntington. She was supposed to meet her best friends, Ken and Shawna. At least, that's what they thought.

She was going to tell them off and break the friendship. They'd been acting rather crazy and had nearly gotten her into trouble with her boss at the Historical Society. Ken wanted her to help them stop a city project that was going to put a baddily needed recycling center into the middle of the town.

Shawna was concerned because it was going to be right next to the old town. The old town was really called the Old Town-Square. It included the original buildings that had made up Huntington when it had started out as a village before the Revolutionary War.

"The Historical Society is funding this project." Shawna had yelled last night. They had been at one of the high parties of the year. At the house of the Tate family, the parties were always more like a giant cook-out than the snobby uptight get togethers of the other rich families in the town. The Tates weren't the only friendly and wealthy people, but they were the best known. Grace's own family were longtime friends of there's.

Shawna had continued her screaming. "What's to keep them from tearing down the Old Town? It's useless now that tourism has gone down. We have to stop them."

In a drunken rage, Shawna had taken her glass and thrown it through the double windows in the dining room. Grace shook off her feelings. Shawna had been acting weird, like she was crazy, and Grace couldn't stand to see Ken doing similar things.

Speaking of Ken, he was worse, he'd been in and out of the hospital for awhile. He was becoming pretty sick without anybody knowing why. Grace didn't have any details, Ken never offered any, but he seemed to be losing his mind. He'd start mumbling about nothing and keep going until he screamed.

Oslo and Marissa Granger were worse. They were just acting cold.

No, don't think about them or the other one., Grace told herself. Leave that for another time.

There was way too much to deal with. She'd left Gabriel's company four months ago. Then, she'd gone right to India, thinking about being a supernatural investigator herself. Well, being trained by Chandrel was more than she'd ever expected.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »