Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

GK4: Reflections and Shadows

Part 5

by Theresa Wilson, published on January 30, 2001

"If you need me, or my fellow men and women, let me know." Chadrel said as he walked to a pillow on the floor and sat to meditate. He was quiet now and strummed his voice in a musical chant. Not so much a chant as a song.

Grace decided to meditate too, although praying was usually her ease of mind. Finding herself unable to find peace, she decided to think of her dream instead.

Some kind of animal was running from its enemy. Another animal or something to look like an animal was chasing the canine far into the woods. Hurt and beaten the wild dog kept running.

It stopped at the opening of a village. Just beside a large house. Inside, the town and friends of the villagers celebrated the trial and judgment of a uncommon murderer.

"He kills dreams, dear brother." a yellow haired girl said. Unable to keep any focus on the girl, the view of the dream went to someone ese.

"Don't worry it's okay." a strong man said. His hair was the same shade. He stood beside his wife and son. They suddenly...

"The men have come for their master." a guard yelled. "They made their way into the prison and took him.

"The night hunt begins." the man said.

He grabbed two swords and a horse. The dogs, no they had to be more like wolves, ran beside him as he joined with a team of men and women on horse back.

Everything when blurry because of the rain storm. Meanwhile, the moon shown with..

The wicked slivery white light., Grace thought. It's just like that song we wrote. Oslo and I. To sing.

The scene jumped to alot of howling in the dark and a man screamed. "Oslo, this is your fault. The pack is gone. Now, we will turn away from ever seeing you again. It's your responsibility to protect them. No Sword Dancer will ever help you again."

(How could you betray me?) the thought went out to a husband from his wife. (It's your fault too.) She grabbed her son by the ear and left with her pack to abandon her mate until she could find a better way to speak with him.

She wasn't human, she was an animal., Grace remembered from her dream. But, the details were so mixed up, coming from a dream she still couldn't make sense of it.

Then, the moon shown in the eyes of a face and Olso, whatever his last name was because he wasn't the Oslo that Grace had for a friend, stood and prayed for hope. The face was inky with black-blue coloring to blend it into it's surroundings.

Grace opened her eyes and realized she had just had the dream again. But, it wasn't a dream. For the last week, she'd had several from different points of view, that were always INCOMPLETE. She needed them to be WHOLE.

"Why am I having someone ese.'s memories? Those events must have been at least four centuries ago." Grace told herself.

"See, your new path has begun." Chadrel nodded to his student. "That is why you feel you should leave and don't belong. You have a chance to help and teach a person something new to learn. You have knowledge and that is needed somewhere out there in the world you are waiting to explore. Have fun, and don't be scared. You are more than qualified for this."

"How do you know, Chadrel?" Grace asked.

"I don't feel it or sense it. It's simply obvious that you have a way to help. I don't believe someone is doing this on purpose or you are sensitive to visions. These are images simply connected to you through another person you know. You wish to help, so now you have the first tools to help. Take care of yourself because I know this is good-bye for now."

"I still have two days before the next plane flies." Grace smiled.

"Then, let us discuss your next plans." Chadrel said. "I am looking forward to watching someone new come out of your old worries and fears, Grace."

Grace came back to the warm November of Pennsylvania. That last meeting, but not the last contact had been two months ago, in August. And, she had left him four months ago.

"I'm not even going to think or say the name this time?" Grace laughed at herself. "Either I mooned over him or tried to take him down. What a wacky idea I had to be attracted to Gabriel Knight. Or, even to ever think I might love him or fall in love with him. I'll never know how much feeling was imaginary and how much was real. Daydreaming about one guy can be so dangerous."

She stopped laughing. This really wasn't fair. Even if Gabriel had been involved too in the end to their working relationship, she was to blame too. All she had to do was say no.

"That was the problem, he wasn't just a friend but my employer." Grace told herself for the another round of guilt. "I didn't see it that way. I thought we were finally partners. I never should have tried to worry about getting something more."

"Well, it's too late. So, I'll face reality, and find another way through it."

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »