Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

GK4: Reflections and Shadows

Part 8

by Theresa Wilson, published on February 17, 2001

"B-U-F-A-N-E." Abagail said. "That is the PROPER spelling, I'm sure of it. She's a lighter with that red hair."

"Strange to see her here." Grace said. She looked over the list of auditioned. Surprised to see that a certain "french hussy" was here. Madeline Buthane. That was interesting.

"Hey, Maddie." Grace called to the woman. Abagail, Grace's best girlfriend, laughed. A catty reflex would have to come from Madeline.

The red hair turned, did not see anything worth looking at, and stopped on Grace. She arched an eyebrow, patted her hair, and simply winked back.

"Oh, now she's playing coy. She better watch out, she's on your territory now. And, nobody messes around with Grace." Abagail laughed.

"No. They do not have the chance." Grace snarled. She looked over at Ty. He was busy looking over the script and making some changes here and there on the schedule for future practice sessions. They would be in the morning all week to release the cast and crew for the afternoon.

(I'm inserting this because of all that speculation on what Emilio means when he tells Grace "It's time for you to take care of yourself now.") Emilio could show up now for all Grace cared. She looked over her bracelet. The Moondogs shimmered in the bright stage lights and darkened as the lights were changed to normal. The lighting man must be finished with them. The bracelet was unique however. It had the Moondogs in different sizes and shapes. Somehow, it made her feel closer to her new friends. The friends she dreamed about in those mixed-up memories. Perhaps....

"It's time for you to take care of yourself now." Emilio Baza had told Grace as he left.

What did you mean Emilio? Did you mean what's happening now?, Grace wondered. You must have. To be a Sword Dancer is hard when I was learning. Now, I have to prove myself, to myself. No one else. And, that means being able to take on un-natural. It's much scarier than natural. It's harder.

Grace shut up before she started to talk to herself. She watched Maddie. "Come play with me little cat. I'm the real predator here. Not the hunter like your stupid, Gabriel."

Grace shivered. "Woah. That's not me talking. I remember that from last night. I wonder who the predator is. She sounds more confident than any of the others, including her husband. Um, mate. I wonder why that is?"

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »