Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

GK4: Reflections and Shadows

Part 10

by Theresa Wilson, published on May 16, 2001

The theatre was a happy place, until the stage was seen. It was mysterious with a garden backdrop and five people standing around. Grace, Oslo, a black man, a fair skinned actress pacing while holding her script, and a man with the biggest smirk this side of a snake man, were up on stage conversing.

Gabriel watched while Mosely was studying his script.

The still N.O.P.D officer had dropped fifty pounds and looked more agile. At least, until his sister stood by him. Charlotte Mosely, Sharlie, was shorter, skinner, and had curls in her hair that couldn't be copied by a beauty parlor.

Gabriel thought for a moment that it was odd that three vowels were put together in the word beauty.

So, this was the place that he thought might have something to do with his latest case.

Gabriel looked at his script and decided just to toss it aside. He went over what he knew about his new case. Several attacks had occurred in Copper. Newspaper reports listed the suspects as people with attack animals. The victims all seemed to be sick and were sent to the hospital.

Their symptoms were not listed....

Gabriel felt all his attention move to the back of his head. No to someone behind him. He looked back and saw a woman looking back at him.

Their eyes were level at each other. The woman nodded and waved. Gabriel understood the sudden magnetic feeling. This woman had a wide feeling of sensing things around her. Some sort of a psychic gift or just a current of thinking that probably reached out to anyone with similar experiences. Must be Grace's psychic partner.

That kind of stun. She'd given him up for a woman that looked more collective and nicer than herself. Must be some kind of balance to Grace's own personality.

Oslo was calling for attention. He was the director of the play. "We're ready for auditions now." he rowed out. His voice was smooth, but uneven.

Grace was smiling and waving at someone just off to the side.

Maddie? Here?, Gabriel thought. I think I better just pay attention to the script. With all the usual and unusual suspects, I'm not going to like this one bit.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev