Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Life

Part 4

by Rebel at Heart, published on December 25, 2001

Start entry.

I'm at a loss for words at the moment. I mean wooooha I always thought voodoo was a dead religion. I sure as hell wasn't expecting to be finding this diary, which strangely enough explained a lot in (shudders) Gabriel’s bed. It was the original diary of Gunter Ritter and in a very good state considering it was almost three hundred years old. Somebody kept it in mint condition. I Can't help it I'm still completely dazed by this thing.

Anyway the marked pages told of his journey to New Orleans, and the voodoo murders he was send for to investigate. So this meant that the recent murders weren't so special at all. A three hundred year old tradition actually.

In a nutshell: The slave culture was still thriving in those days so it isn't so strange that voodoo found it’s way here. Gunter, unfamiliar with the ‘slave keeping’ culture fell for one called Eliza or in her real name Tetelo. Like every dramatic tale this proved to be his downfall.

After some research he discovered that all the victims were men who had served on ‘slave ships’ in my own opinion they certainly deserved to have their hearts ripped out. A plan to trap the murderers was carefully hatched and performed.

All of which caused quite a commotion and ended with the slaves to be burned to death. But the real kicker is that the leader turned out Gunter’s beloved Tetelo who he had promised to protect. Scared for his own hide, he betrayed her. But when the fire burned and she was halfway dead, he felt guilty and ‘empowered’ her with his talisman. What this exactly was isn't explained. What happened afterwards is also blurry. Apparently practically the whole town was massacred and Tetelo took the talisman. Gunter went mad with grief and guilt and took his life.

I don’t have the time to research it properly right now, but its quite and interesting discovery this whole ‘Ritter’ thing. He kept talking about his duties and not wanting to disgrace his family.

Somehow Gabe is all tied up in this mess. Or should I say in DEEP sh*t. Come to think of it after he came back from one of his many escapades I saw the biggest of all bruises on his neck. (Rolls eyes) He played it of as a hickey, sure it is one given by something or someone trying to strangle you. I'm not stupid.

The whole thing started with him begging me to paint a snake on his chest and then him going of with a crocodile mask. My nerves were already extremely short with the whole creepy drummers and dead chickens thing. After the latest display I was very sure he was going to get himself killed and the book confirmed my suspicions.

Gabriel must have had quite the walk through the swamp. I took my comfy car and found the ‘meeting’ right next to the entrance. It’s a miracle nobody has ever seen them. To be honest I'm not surprised. I wouldn't have found it if I hadn't seen Gabe trotting around and followed him for a bit. I shouldn't have known he was going to pull something stupid. He went and joined them, as if he wouldn't be noticed.

The group consisted out of a dozen dancers, a giant black man and later on one beautiful woman. Urgh I'm not going to write down what they exactly did until my stomach stops turning at the memory.

The creepy thing was that they didn't only wear animal mask and had body paint on, but gradually they seemed to become them. I mean really become an animal; it wasn't just human down there. At this point the large black man sprayed a strange liquid in Gabriel’s face and rendered him unconscious. At this point I got very brave and made my way to him, before I could pull him out I saw something and I know he saw it too.

Now he just needs to realize that the richest, most beautiful woman and the object of his affection is the leader of the merry ‘lets rip some hearts out of living humans gang’ yes it’s really true Malia Gedde.

This is big, really big and I'm even more scared then I was. I'm really glad grandma knight agreed to a holiday with relatives clear across the country. If I had any proof this would be straight on it’s way to the highest police force I could reach. But I haven’t so I'm going to have to pray Gabriel will get his but out of here.

Damn it I'm really scared now. I Can't leave Gabriel alone now. God I wish he would listen to me.

After he woke up he wouldn't even fill me in completely, Never mind the fact that I just saved his life. (Shakes head) And to top things of he believes Malia is innocent. Wake up man she tried to make shish kebab out of you and made it out of a lot of other people.

I don’t like this I really don’t and the worst thing is that it isn't over by a long shot.

End of entry.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev