Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Southend

12.

by MistThing, published on January 6, 2001

Gabriel treaded back along the shoreline. Morrigan was standing alone near the triad of stones, pendulum in one hand and a small chart held by the other, a somewhat troubled look on her face. She looked up and spotted him, smiling at him openly without any shred of vice. This one is changing her personality a little too fast for me to follow, he thought, Saunders as much as said she's kind of sittin' right in the heart of it all.

- "Well?" - she asked, tilting her head a bit - "He gave you a hard time?"

- "This bastard was on my case since I first got here" - he replied - "All he did is threaten me some more. Forget about it. But, Red, you're lookin' worried ... Somethin' not right?"

Morrigan giggled. "Red?"

- "Can't figure out if it's Morgan or Morrigan, so" - Gabriel shrugged - "I'm improvising...When you spell your name differently, does it mean anythin'?"

- " Morrigan is my birth given name" - She answered - "Which in Celtic means, a War Goddess. I also use Morgan, which sounds alike, but stands for The Dweller of the Sea. You can call me what you like..."

-"I think I'll stick with Morgan for now."

She looked at her chart again, and positioned herself facing the middle stone. "Strange..." - she mumbled.

- "Wanna tell me what it is?"

- "Nothin'...just bloody math not workin' right..." - she kicked the nearest, middle stone, in a surge of fury. "So close..."

- "What d'ya mean?" Gabriel watched her, seeing her gaining perfect control over herself again. Morgan turned her head to Gabriel, her eyes glinting strangely. She slowly advanced towards him, her movements cat-like. Gabriel didn't budge. Morgan stood very close now, her body almost touching his. He could feel her breath on his face. "You enjoyed the ride here?" - she spoke softly, a hint of promise in her voice - "Want to take me for another one?" She slid her hands under his jacket, up his chest. He still didn't move. "Come with me to Islay, Gabriel..." - She whispered, her lips almost touching his - "There's another group of stone rows there...the last one I need to examine..."

Gabriel moved his hands up her waist and back. "Yeah?" - He said - "You seem to like... erect stones. What's the sites names?"

- "Achnacarran" - She said, kissing him softly - "Kilbride, Cultoon and Port-Ellen..."

Those names would have been a major turn-off if she hadn't said it the way she did, thought Gabriel, responding to her kiss, pulling her closer. "I'll go with ya, sure" - he said, running his hand through her short, tangled hair. "Hmmm...good..." - Morgan gently broke off his hold and straightened her shirt. "We'll have to hit north to Kennacraig right now, and take a ferry to Port Ellen at the island of Islay."

Teaser... Gabriel found it hard to remain indifferent to her play. She's working herself hard to make me go with her - he thought - and she did sabotaged her bike, so I'd take her with me - I think she got me fitted into some kind of plan.

Soon he was on his bike again, Morgan sitting close behind. Fine... to Kennacraig it is.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »