Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Southend

15.

by MistThing, published on January 11, 2001

During the next four hours, Gabriel felt like he'd seen every damn erect stone in the Western Isles. Hell, he had enough of them to last for the rest of his life...He first covered with Morgan the sites nearest to Port Ellen, and then traveled along the south shore road in a horseshoe pattern, circling Laggan Bay and Loch Indaal, until reaching Cultoon.

The same scene with Morgan recurred here, as in each previous site: she mapped the place using her pendulum and her dowsing chart, and grew more quiet and thoughtful with each measurement.

The Cultoon ancient stone circle was in bad shape; only three of its twelve stones were still standing, the other ones left broken and disintegrating on the moorland ground. Gabriel watched the sun setting over the Atlantic, his hands crossed over his chest. He was painfully aware of Morgan's nearby presence, determined not to lose her. You are my lead to Gracie, Morgan... I need you to give me some answers...

He sensed her silent approach. Having finished the last of her measurements, she came and hugged him from behind, laying her hands over his crossed arms. "I'm tired of working..." she whispered, her mouth intimately close to his ear. Gabriel felt her breasts pressed against his back. Morgan's breath was warm on his face, the palms of her hands conveying heat to his own. She slid her hands over his arms and lower chest, down, slowly - - -

Gabriel cupped her hands in his and turned to her. "I can't do this, Morgan, I'm sorry...Not now."

Her face, colored by the sunset's last rays, was expressionless. She smiled impassively. "I thought so... Gabriel Knight", she said, pulling her hands away, leaving a burning sensation lingering on his skin.

Did I pass some test - Wondered Gabriel - Did I not pass it?

Morgan swiveled around lightly, raising her hands in the air. "We are heading to Portnahaven, Yank!"

- "I'd really appreciate it if you don't call me that... Why are we goin' there?"

- "It's the nearest town, only 6 kilometers tah the south! Ya want tah stay in this bloody place in the dark?"

- "Hell, no..."

They arrived at Portnahaven in no time, the small coastal village already engulfed by the night. Morgan jumped off the bike. Gabriel got off his bike too, slowly. "Five more minutes on this machine, and I'd be walking funny..."

The port village had small, old-style houses gathered around a harbor. One of the houses had a tiny pub in it, and they entered. The place was crowded with the locals. Morgan spotted the bartender. "Git me an' the Yank a dram o' whisky!"

Gabriel drank his glass, enjoying the warmth that spread down his throat.

"Yah know...in Gaelic whisky means, 'water of life'..." - Morgan whispered in his ear, smiling strangely - "Excuse me, Gabriel, I'll be back in a minute." She disappeared, leaving him alone with his drink.

Gabriel got up, determined to follow her; he was swamped with sudden dizziness, which made him grab the bar for stability. He shook his head, but the feeling got worse. Sh*t... That wasn't plain whisky, I guess... He wavered, struggling not to fall. The world looked fuzzy... There was laughter around him. Somebody said aloud, "The poor bastard's hammered!" They think that I am drunk... Some one else held his arm tight, steadying him - he recognized the bartender. "Let me help yah git some fresh air, lad" - The bartender helped Gabriel outside and let go of him. Gabriel stumbled, his mind not clear - - -

"Easy, lad!" - The bartender quickly caught him, breaking his fall - - -

- "Aboot bloody time! Druggin' him up an' then leavin' me alone with him!" Amidst the haziness, Gabriel realized that his generous helper was addressing someone else.

- "Aye, sorry about that" - The voice was Morgan's - "We Campbells gotta stick with one another, don't we? ...Me an' the boys will take it from here."

There was hand changing and he was being held firmly from both sides. She obviously brought some help with her... Gabriel tried to struggle with his captors, straining his eyes, trying to make something out of his now-double vision - - - - - Lights Out - - - - - - He momentarily gained back consciousness - they were on the seashore, legs almost completely immersed in the dark water. There was a motorboat, its motor silent - - - one of the two that held him before was helping Morgan with the boat. There was only one man grasping his arm now ...

- "No - - - Morgan - - -" Gabriel somehow managed to free himself and lost balance, immediately being submerged by the water, his soaked clothes pulling him down. Being only half conscious, he fought to stand up, but the world was swirling around him, and as he opened his mouth to breath, gulping for air, black salt water washed in - - -

Morgan was suddenly there, swearing, pulling him out with great force. The others helped her swing him up into the boat, laying him on the bottom -

- "Yah bloody edjits!" - she was yelling at her two accomplices. One of them started the engine.

As darkness closed down on him again, he felt Morgan's touch against his face. "I told yah you'd pay me back later, Gabriel Knight..." - she was laughing, and the cold wind blew her hair wild, floating like a red halo around her pale face.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »