Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Southend

20.

by MistThing, published on January 26, 2001

Morgan's words hung in the suddenly still air. Gabriel managed to lift his head up under the pressure thrust down on him by his captors, and the surprise made him hold his breath; they were all bounded now by thick fog. The mists separated the small group of followers from the outside world like a circular wall, its center located at the sea in a straight line from the lighthouse. The scene was absorbed by unnatural quiet, which harbored the promise of pending storm. Morgan turned to her left and looked down peacefully, meeting a blazing green gaze beneath a messy blond mop of hair.

- "Pay me with your blood, Keeper of Shadows" - She said softly - "Give me your hand, Knight."

As if he was waiting on a cue, one of the cult men who were standing behind Gabriel pulled out his knife and cut the ropes that tied his wrists.

- "Like hell I will..." - Rasped Gabriel.

- "Gabriel!" - Screamed Grace.

Morgan smiled as if she was expecting it. The assailants held Gabriel down vigorously, forcing him to fully extend his left arm. Morgan rolled up Gabriel's jacket and shirt sleeves, exposing the bare flesh. She ran the edge of her dagger's blade along Gabriel's arm, pressing it down without breaking the skin. Then she threw her head back and laughed, and sharply cut a transverse deep gash at his inner wrist. A painful cry escaped Gabriel's lips against his will. Dark blood trickled from his arm into a wooden bowl held by one of the cult members standing next to Morgan. The bowl bore the marks of a simplified raven figure and a partly eclipsed moon. The moon eclipse part is missing here - Gabriel realized - Well, red witch here said they had to go earlier then expected . . . His thread of thoughts was torn as Morgan turned with her crooked blade to Grace.

- "Pay me with your blood, Keeper of the Earth" - Morgan recited.

- "Don't ya touch her!" - Gabriel shouted reflexively.

- "How ... sweet" - Morgan laughed again and carved a similar cut in Grace's left wrist, making her yelp with pain. The bowl carrier hurried and collected the drops of Grace's blood. Morgan now used the dagger on herself; she cut deeply into her own left arm without hesitating, and let her own blood drip into the bowl.

- "I pay you with my blood, Goddess" - She said and dropped the black raven's feather into the warm, dark fluid, which steamed in the cold air. She faced the sea and held the bowl high above her head.

- "The three will be one again!" - She called and poured the bowl contents down to the abyss.

Grace gasped; Gabriel tensed, pulling against his holders, his left jacket's sleeve soaked with blood. The sound rising from the sea was so deep and low, that it could only be felt at first, making the ground and the air vibrate. For a short time, the water looked as if it was boiling; and then a white energy stream burst out from the sea in the center of the fog-circle, and shot to the night skies. Crimson-red clouds gathered at the point where it hit, and blue lightnings flashed randomly across them. The waves rose high, moving slowly away in two opposite directions, like an awakening giant. Gradually, the sea roared and parted...

'Damn!' was the only thing that went through Gabriel's mind.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »