Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Turn of Faith

Prologue

by Claudia Martins, published on April 16, 2002

The old carved wooden doors of the monastery seemed to him as tall and unconquerable as the wall of China. Not that the thought of climbing the wall hadn't cross his mind, but he knew his limits. And they stood right in front of him, made of yellow clay and of over-obliging monks. When looked at he seemed to be just another western tourist cruising the exotic streets of a small India village. But the tall, handsome young man was feeling as if there was nothing else for him there.

He had spent hours there every day for the past three days, under India's scorching sun, hoping that she would have a change of heart and would see him. Of course he wasn't buying the spiritual retreat stuff the monks had been feeding him every time he knocked. "Retreating" wasn't part of Grace's vocabulary. So now he actually was getting quite intimate with the bald guy that always answered the door, despite the never disappearing smile that was starting to get on his nerves.

The sound of the gates closing behind him had crushed his last hopes. She wouldn't see him, "was in spiritual retreat", the over-smiling, over-obliging bald Chandrel guy had said. As if! She didn't want to see him. Period. That was that. All he could do was go back to Germany and hope someday she would forgive him.

Gabriel looked back one more time. No, there was no use in trying. Those doors were closed permanently. To him.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

next »