Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Turn of Faith

Epilogue

by Claudia Martins, published on May 5, 2002

The cold stone of the wall felt good against the bare skin of his back. The moon was high in the sky right now and its soft beams filled the room with a silvery light. He was watching her sleep, so peacefully, still amazed with what had just happened. The way their bodies had responded to each other, the way they had felt each other's pleasure as their own, the way it felt like they had been together so many times before... And how she had blossomed under his touch, her inexperience fading into nothing when she appeared to read his mind, knowing how and where he wanted to be touched... Just thinking about it made him loose his breath. Was this for real? Did he deserve this? For years he had run away from love, each disappointment like a dagger in his heart... But hadn't she always been there to take care of most of his wounds?

Grace woke up, startled. What had happened? Was it a dream? No, she was sure this time it was real. She reached out to his side of the bed... Empty! She sat up, eyes wide open, breathing hard. No! Had he just left again?

'Grace...'

She turned to the window and her heart began beating again. He was there.

Gabriel rushed over and sat on the bed, searching her eyes to understand what was wrong. Then he got it.

'You thought I had left, didn't you?'

She lowered her eyes, hearing the hint of guilt and pain in his voice.

Sighing, he drew her into his arms. 'I'm not going to leave... You mean the world to me. I can't leave...', closing his eyes, he hid his face in her black hair, breathing in deeply. 'I think I... I'd die without you...'

The young woman held on to him, feeling the caress-like touch of his skin on hers. They belonged together. No matter how different they were from each other, no matter what had happened before their paths crossed, they were in each other's destiny.

'Baby, are you ok?', he said softly.

She stared into his eyes and let her hand travel from his face down to his neck and then his chest, tracing every muscle, smiling at how he tensed under her touch. Then he saw that old spark back in her eyes.

'Don't you dare leaving me again, Knight... Or you'll really be dead.'

Laughing, he pushed her back onto the bed and lost himself in her arms... again.

At the break of dawn he woke up. His arm was numb from her head resting on it all night long. He smiled as he remembered the past hours and moved gently trying not to wake her. She moaned softly and cuddled up against him, adjusting to the new position. Pensively he caressed the sleeping girl's face. It was still pretty unbelievable she was actually there, trusting him enough to fall asleep in his arms. And that she would be there every morning from then on. He would make sure of that.

'Hey,' he murmured, 'I love you, you know... There's still so much we need to clear out between us... But you know me... I'm as clumsy as they come with words... Don't know how on earth I ever got to be a writer... But I guess it can't be that hard to ask you to marry me, can it?', he kissed her temple, lightly and was startled by her drowsy voice.

'I'm not really asleep, Knight...'

He chuckled and held her tightly. 'I kinda hoped you weren't... So, will you?'

Her eyes still closed, she smiled. 'I think it's better if you ask me in the morning... When we're both wide awake... So none of us will think it's a dream.'

'Oh, you really are some piece of work, sweet heart.', he said in her ear. 'But I'll do it.'

'You better... And I want you on your knees.'

He sighed deeply, as he brushed her hair from her face and laid his head on her shoulder. 'You already have me crawling on all fours, Gracie.'

She brought her hand up to gently touch his face.

'That makes two of us, then.'

 

The End

 

P.S.: And no, I didn't forget about the dark haired girl in the dream...;)

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev