Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Voices

Introduction

by Judie Lynne, published on December 4, 2000

Five years after GK3. Gabriel and Grace have not rejoined efforts as a team. They have corresponded with one another, but neither have made an attempt to arrange a meeting. Grace was now living in California, a successful writer in her own right. Her specialty, which has made her name a household word, is the Supernatural combined with History. She finished her education, earned her doctorate, and is a much sought after speaker. She teaches an occasional class at Berkeley, and has recently met a man who has claimed and shown a great deal of credence to these claims, to have the ability to transcend mortal planes and travel physically as well as mentally into the realm of the dead. Grace, neither a believer nor a doubter, has chosen to write on this claim, forming a friendship with him in doing so.

Gabriel is still living at his castle in Germany, devoting his time to his writing craft, and in being the ever present icon for the people in Rittersberg. The Schattenjäger. His mere presence gave them a feeling of security, and often a villager would appear at the castle just to gaze upon and touch him, then quickly backing away, nodding and smiling with some misplaced reverence. Gabriel tolerated all of this, even enjoyed it part of the time. He knew what it meant to them to have him here, yet, there was a restlessness. Something was missing. There were no real cases to get involved in, just an occasional visit to a local town to dispel an accusation of occult happenings or such. He had written several successful books, all on the subject of unexplained mysteries and of course his detective type stories that he truly loved to write. He interjected himself into these stories, and could put much feeling and finality to the words and mannerisms of his main character, because, in essence it WAS him.

Gerde still lived in the castle, and had become a very talented researcher. There were many times, she had noticed that Gabriel seemed to be looking at her in a far away sort of way. They shared a special friendship, forged in understanding and trust. They both were ready and willing to act on any request for help. The Schattenjäger business had consumed them both.

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

next »