Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Southend

18.

by MistThing, published on January 18, 2001

- "Who is she, Grace?"

Grace absentmindedly closed her hand on Gabriel's talisman that hung around her neck. "I'm putting together your dream, our hostess' unique name and my bits of Scottish history knowledge. What you... what we saw in that dream, was the embodiment of an ancient Celtic goddess - known as 'The Morrigan', 'Morrigu', or 'Mor Rioghan'...I did some research on Celtic history for my PhD thesis, so I know a little about the Celtic deities."

- "Are ya sayin' we've got a ragin' Scottish goddess on our hands?"

- "That's not accurate, Gabriel" - Grace got up and walked about the freezing room "Gosh...my legs are feeling numb... Gabriel, 'The Morrigan' deity is actually considered to be an Irish-Celtic goddess. However, since the Celts never left behind anything in writing, there's much more that we don't know..."

- "Tell me about...this Irish, Scottish, hell... never mind. Tell me about this goddess."

Grace's gaze was vague. "She's quite complex... Morrigan is the war-loving goddess of battle, a shape-shifter who appears in the form of a scavenging crow...The myth says, Morrigan was seen as a woman washing bloody laundry at the river by warriors destined to die in battle..."

- "Now that's plain charmin' , Gracie."

- "Gabriel..." Grace's voice was faraway - "Morrigan's name translates as 'Phantom Queen' - Queen of the Otherworld, who controls fate and death, guarding the spirits of the dead...But she's also the Goddess of fertility, of rebirth, of regenerative energy - "

- "Kinky..."

Grace ignored that remark. "Morrigan appears both as a single goddess and as a trio of goddesses -Madb, Ana and Macha - I saw drawings of her which represented her as a triple goddess... I read somewhere that the origins of the Morrigan reaches back to the Megalithic cult of the Mothers - who also appeared as triple goddesses which were essentially one entity..."

- "Oh, a threesome...even more kinky."

- "Gabriel!" Grace stood with her hands on her waists, staring down at him reprovingly. "We are in mortal danger here! Don't you ever stop?"

- "When I stop you'll know I'm dead for sure, Gracie..."

Grace sat down again, evidently troubled. "Then I guess I'll have my chance of diagnosing you pretty soon, mastermind..."

Now Gabriel got up and strode back and forth around the room. "Do you think I like it, Grace? One bit? Bein' locked up in here... Like... F*ck!" - he kicked the iron door forcefully. "Come an' get me already!" - he shouted - "Do somethin'! Show yourselves, you f*ckers!"

Grace wasn't prepared for Gabriel's violent outburst. She sprang to her feet and hurried to him, but he shook off her hold. "Damn you too, Gracie..." he muttered, turning his back to her. For a brief moment she stood behind him, puzzled. Then she hesitantly reached and touched his arms. "I'm ... sorry too, Gabriel. I ... f*cked up, big time, too ..." She embraced him, feeling the stiffness in his muscles giving in under her touch. The words burned in her throat, and she was forcing them out. "I shouldn't have left that way ... I shouldn't have dragged you into this mess."

Gabriel turned to her. Her face ... so close ... Now this was wrong. This was plain wrong. His arms, having a will of their own, went around her. Something inside of him broke. "Damn you, Gracie..." He whispered again. Surprisingly, Grace didn't push him back ... She didn't scold him, or make nasty comments ... She just let him hold her, taste that sweet, subtle odor of hers, which was blurring his senses ... Not lover ... Partner ... Damn ... They kissed slowly, gently at first, their kiss rapidly growing more passionate. Gabriel's talisman on Grace's neck was trapped between them, drawing heat from their bodies ...

The iron door was thrust open, sending an even colder draft into the already frosty room.

- "I see I got here just on time!" - Morgan's lips twisted into a thin, menacing smile. She chose not to take any chances and was accompanied by four of her guards. "Nice tah see yah on yer feet again, Gabriel! Couldn't hold yer Whisky, did yah?"

- "Not a poisoned one." Gabriel replied darkly.

- "Auch, don't be so sensitive ... " Morgan's smile deepened. "First ... let me welcome the two of yah tah the Innis Chonnel Castle ... Second, we are soon goin' tah take a little field trip ... to the Mull of Kintyre Lighthouse. And guess what... " Her eyes glinted with that predatory look again - "You're goin' tah be the guests of honor ... "

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »