Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

Falling from Grace

Episode twenty-three

by Overmind - published on May 25, 2001

CHAPTER 10

“I'm sorry, he hasn't been in the office for two days.” Said the young secretary, in Russian. Rather stereotypically, she was working on her nails, polishing them, making them perfect little jewels to inspire awe to any visitor, or more likely because she had nothing better to do.

“That’s very strange, he left here about two days ago, and didn't give any news” Answered Sebastian in the same language, with very little difficulty. If anything, Sebastian was a wise and clever man who knew many a things, even Russian. “Did he leave a message for a certain Miss Nakimura?” He then asked.

“May be, may be not. In any case, I could very much bet that you are not miss Nakimura.” She answered vividly. There was definitely a message.

“Miss Nakimura is here with me. I assure you, there is nothing to worry about –“ He began before being interrupted.

“Is there anything else? Mister Burowski is a very busy man. It’s not seldom that he leave for business and calls only a few days later to say he had to leave. Now, please. Do you want me to arrange a rendezvous with Mister Burowski?” She told him rather abruptly,interrupting him.

He told her to wait a second, and opened the door of the office to call Grace in, but she was VERY busy reading a book, the cover said something about African Fay folk… amazing. She actually found something on them! Resigned, he returned to the phone.

“No, that will be fine. Thank you Madame”. They hung up. The secretary was rather mad at having to wait only to be dismissed.

Sebastian took once more the receiver and called an old friend of college. She could sound american enough.

“Nami? Sebastian here! Can I -” He begun, but go t interrupted again.

“Woah! Cool! Sebastian man!” Started the voice on the other end as soon as she heard the name. “What’s up with you dude?”

“I'm rather caught up into something, and would need your help.” He began to explain.

“Sure, I'm always here for you sugar.”

“May be tooo american after all…” He murmured to himself.

“Yo, what did you say?”

“Nothing. Listen…”


As soon as the phone rang, he answered.

“Sebastian, man?” Said Nami’s voice in the receiver.

“Yes. Did you make it Nami?” He asked, eager to get the answer.

“Sure did. Man! She was pissed after some guy tried to steal information from her and then make her wait an eternity for nothing.” She teased him, knowing full well he was the man in question.

“Good, what was the message?” He inquired, not bothered at all by the teasing.

“That’s some pretty deep thing, is you dude on drugs of something?” She asked, apparently not very concerned about the lack of time they had.

“The message NAMI!” He urged her.

“Alright, alright.” She sighted “ He said something like that :

Nature’s land, is earth and wood; Make sure this, you understood; Under one, and within the other; Lies the keys to all you wonder;”

“What kind of man leaves messages like that?” She questioned.

“Those that are very dangerous, I guess.”

“What do you mean? You had me call a Psycho?” She said near panic.

“You’re half the world away! You'll be safe. Please, remain available for the next few days, I might have to call you back. Now, she thinks you’re “Miss Nakimura” so I Can't have Grace call her now.”

“I'm leaving the day after tomorrow, remeo and I and going to –“

“Then, I'll find a way to fix this, good bye”.

“Seb-“ But he had already hung up, quickly he noted the poem and proceeded to see Grace.

“Grace! There’s news!” Sebastian yelled from the office.

Upon arrival into the library, he was surprised to see that Grace wasn't at the desk any more. Turning around to search., he found her laying besides Dominic.

“Grace…” Sebastian murmured.

“What is it?” The worried woman answered.

“I may have a clue to Igor’s whereabouts.” He said, taking place on the other couch next the first one.

“And that would be?”

“Does “underground” and “Inside a tree” mean anything to you?” He said, sarcastically.

“WHAT?” She yelled out, in complete surprise.

“What did I say?”

“The Fairies' cult, implied to imprison someone inside trees to suffer the judgment of Mother nature!”

“Judgment for what?” Sebastian didn't quite get it, he didn't read the books after all.

“For bringing harm to her creation… I think.”

“What’s that got to do with Igor?”

“We’re gonna have to find out…” “But, how can he leave a message, if he’s trapped inside a tree?” Sebastian suddenly realized.

“Well then.. if it’s not him… what will we find inside that tree?” She added…

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev