Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 6

by Shakar, published on March 12, 2003

Chadrel takes Gabriel to a vacant room. Room #280, which is right across Grace’s. ‘Coincidence? I don’t’ think so.’ Gabriel settled in. He called Gerde and told her what he was up to. After a few hours of complete boredom, he heard Grace go into her room. ‘Ok. Let her settle in then go in and mention the inevitable.’ Grace changed to something more comfortable, her light blue jogging suit and tied her hair back. ‘Huh. I look like Jennifer Lopez! How funny.’ She went on her computer and wanted to finish her journal entry that she wrote for the past few weeks. Gabriel looked at himself in the mirror to fix his hair. ‘Why am I fixing my hair? It’s Gracie!’ He headed toward his door. He opened it slowly and acted as if she knew he’s next door. Now he headed toward Grace’s room. Those few seconds felt like an eternity! ‘Ok you can handle this. You've defeated a Voodoo Queen, the Black Wolf, and a bloodsucking Vampire king. This should be a piece of cake.’ Grace was so into her journal that when she heard a knock on the door, she jumped. ‘Oh God! Who could that be? If it’s Chadrel bugging me about you know who I swear I'll…’ She opens the door and you know who is the one standing there, not Chadrel ‘Gabriel!’ Her eyes were going to pop out from the shock of seeing him there…right in front of her. The moment she dreaded is now, not later. But Gabriel wasn't cool as a cucumber. He was more like a furnace! He was so nervous that it took him a matter of seconds to just say one word.

Gabriel: Hi.

Grace: (she woke up) Uh…hi.

Gabriel: Can I come in?

Grace: Uh sure. ‘Oh great! How can I look at him?’

Gabriel: ‘How can I look at her? Ok be cool be suave. Say something…anything idiot!’ Nice room, it screams Gracie.

Grace: Are you criticizing my taste?

Gabriel: No! I'm just giving you a compliment. Gosh Grace calm down!

Grace: Calm down! You’re telling me to calm down?

Gabriel: Grace! I didn't come here for a fight. (Grace went back to normal)

Grace: I'm sorry.

Gabriel: It’s ok. I don’t blame you.

Grace: So what is it? What did you come here for?

Gabriel: ‘How should I start this? I Can't just be blunt. But sometimes that’s the only way. Alright just talk! Don’t just stand here like a dummy!!’ Well…first of all Schattenjäger stuff. Remember the showdown with Montreaux?

Grace: Yeah, what about it?

Gabriel: Well, we were about to unveil the treasure. You know what the treasure is right?

Grace: Yeah I do.

Gabriel: Oh my God was I tongue-tied! I couldn't believe it! But anyway the thing I wanted to tell you was I had a flashback.

Grace: (suddenly interested) Really? About what?

Gabriel: I don’t how I should say this, but here it goes. A man who looked exactly like me was crucifying Jesus! This guy wanted forgiveness from God and would do anything for it. Jesus offered him to be a servant for the light. He gave him a gift of protection. He made his sword’s handle gold. (He takes out his dagger and talisman) It is this dagger and talisman. It was made from that sword!

Grace: The Schattenjägers were created from God!! Are you kidding me?

Gabriel: No. I'm serious as a heart attack!

Grace: No wonder you’re always protected Gabriel! Can you believe this? This is so huge!

Gabriel: I know! I never thought it was this big of a legacy! (This lightened up Gabriel and Grace. It was like everything was back to normal.)

Grace: You know what this means? There’s so much more about your family’s history that needs to be uncovered. I'll go online and… (Grace paused for a moment. They both looked at each other for a moment) Well it’s getting late. So if you don’t mind-

Gabriel: Actually I do. Grace…we have to get this elephant out in the open!

As much as Grace wanted to say that herself, the thought of it actually happening is different. This definitely will not an easy ride!

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »