Home
The games
Resources
Links
About
Site map

« Back

The Aftermath of Passion

Part 7

by Shakar, published on March 17, 2003

Grace: Ok. Go ahead. ‘Oh God! Here it goes. This is harder than I thought.’

Gabriel: ‘Great! This is harder than I thought. Come on you can do this. Just be cool.’ (He wasn't cool at all. His heart pace went faster.) Well…uh…I-

Grace: Good job Gabriel. Problem solved! I feel so much better now! So if you please-

Gabriel: Come on Grace! Give me a chance.

Grace: Go ahead. No one is stopping you.

Gabriel: Look…I know what I did was horrible. What happened that night was a-

Grace: Blessing.

Gabriel: What?

Grace: You heard me. It was a blessing. It woke me up, telling me that you’re the same jerk when I first met you!

Gabriel: No I'm not.

Grace: I thought you changed. I thought Gabriel Knight wasn't the same chauvinistic bastard.

Gabriel: I have changed Grace. I just couldn't face you. I felt so horrible.

Grace: Bulls**t! If you felt so horrible, you should’ve told me. I thought I was different from all the others. We’re supposed to be a team Gabriel. A team!

Gabriel: We are a team.

Grace: No we were. You crossed the line. It was a sign that I had to do things on my own. The same with you.

Gabriel: No.

Grace: Yes. Face it Gabriel, it’s over.

Gabriel: No it’s not. You’re just afraid!

Grace: And you’re not?

Gabriel: Of course I am. I was afraid to look at you even talk to you.

Grace: Sure. I mean nothing to you and that’s the truth.

Gabriel: No, you’re everything!

Grace: Yeah right. (mumbling) More like a chastity belt?

Gabriel: Excuse me?

Grace: Don’t act dumb with me! I heard what you said to Mosely that evening. I'm your chastity belt.

Gabriel: Look I didn't mean that.

Grace: Then why did you say it?

Gabriel: I don’t know.

Grace: (laughs) Why am I not surprised? That’s so typical of you.

Gabriel: (pauses) Actions speak louder than words. (Grace was quiet when he said that) Please just let me speak for once. (he pauses) I had a dream that night. A vampire came flying in our room and it came toward you. I tried to get to you but I couldn't! It was as if something was holding me back. If something happened to you, I couldn't live with myself. I had to protect you. And there you were, so peaceful, so beautiful…I just had to reach out to you. (Grace couldn't believe what she just heard but part of her couldn't help but just give into it) Look, I know you’re angry of how I dealt with it.

Grace: (on the verge of tears) Angry? More like furious! How can you do something…so…so-?

Gabriel: Earth shattering?

Grace: Yes. You say you were trying to protect me? Well you did the opposite. I was completely lost.

Gabriel: Oh poor Gracie. You know this isn't one sided. It takes two to tango! For once in your life something is different. You know how many times my life has changed like a 360? More than You'll ever see! Get a life Grace!

Grace: You bastard! I Can't believe you just said that!

Gabriel: Well believe it darling.

Grace: You’re exactly what you had become. I shouldn't have saved you.

Gabriel: Excuse me?

Grace: When you became a werewolf. Maybe that’s what you were supposed to be because you’re exactly like a beast! Running on all fours wouldn't be a big stretch for you!

Gabriel: (looking at her as though she’s a complete stranger) How could you say that? I mean…God Grace! I'm pouring my out my heart to you and this is how you repay me? I'm being honest with you. You don’t think that I have a heart?

Grace: I don’t think so. I just think you’re like a light switch. With some pleasure, that heart just goes on!

Gabriel: (completely enraged) AHH!! You’re driving me crazy!!!

Grace: Well you drive me crazy too!!! Just leave Gabriel this was pointless!!

Gabriel: Ok, obviously there’s no way I'm going to convince you to come back. There’s no way that I can get to you.

Grace: Oh, you did alright! ‘I Can't believe I have feelings for this man!’

Gabriel: AHH!! ‘I Can't believe I have feelings for this woman!’ I'm leaving Grace!

Grace: Good riddens!

Gabriel: I'm serious Grace! I'm leaving and I'm not coming back! (She gave him a “as if I care” look) I'm leaving…I'm leaving…(His voice started to fade)

Grace’s thoughts: Don’t I mean anything to you? Why are you doing this?

Gabriel’s thoughts: You mean everything to me! Why are you doing this?

There was a moment of silence. It was as if they read each other’s minds. Gabriel smiled a little it. Instead of opening the door, he went towards Grace.

Grace’s thoughts: Oh my God! What is he doing?

 

Last update: October 24, 2007


Print this page or access the printer friendly version
Bookmark with:
Bookmark this page with del.icio.us Delicious   Bookmark this page with Digg Digg   Bookmark this page with Facebook Facebook  Bookmark this page with Reddit Reddit  Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon StumbleUpon

« prev | next »